In this post I will tell you why in Sierra Yarn we believe that alpaca is the yarn of the future when we talk about an eco-sustainable world, just by giving you 12 amazing facts about this beautiful and hairy animals.
- Alpacas Do not Damage the pasture when grazing
- Alpaca Feet do not damage the pasture
- Alpacas Do not use the land or water destined for food production
- Alpacas are highly efficient animals
- The natural colors of Alpaca avoid the dyeing process
- Alpaca fiber is highly resistant to flames and excellent insulation
- Alpacas were tamed between the year 400 and 5000 B.C
- Alpacas Had a strong impact on the ancient peruvian cultures
- Alpacas are the main source of income for many Andean families
- Excellent appearance and durability
- Soft Touch
- High performance in extreme weather conditions
Hope you find this information useful for the next time you have to choose betwen alpaca and any other fiber!.
Don´t forget to leave your coments or questions below.
Alpacas are great!